When using Drupal with an existing application or in a larger enterprise scenario there are times when you don't want a completely native Drupal solution. Enter the mash up! I'll go over some various architectures and techniques to mix and match with Drupal and supply code for some of the examples.
I’ve successfully used these architectures on multiple large scale and small scale applications. In some cases we mixed Magento with Drupal, some we used Drupal headless, in another we published Drupal content to a central (non-drupal) REST API.
Some topics discussed:
- Use Drupal as a backend and mash up your favorite technologies on the front end
- Discover fairly easy ways to leverage the power of Drupal without using web services
- Use an MVC framework like Laravel or micro framework like Erdiko with your Drupal content
- Mix OOP with your favorite hooks
- Use AngularJS to pull content without exposing web services
If you’re still not interested but answer yes to any of these questions then you should come to the talk:
- Are you an OOP programmer?
- Do you love Drupal admin but hate the conventions or hurdles of Drupal Theming?
- Are you a whizz at html5 but new to Drupal?
- Do you wish you could use drupal and magento in the same system, or Drupal 7 and composer, or laravel and Drupal?
- Is your Drupal site still too slow even with memcached and a bigger db?
This talk is geared towards intermediate and advanced users who are comfortable with Drupal and writing back end code. It is also geared towards PHP devs who are new to Drupal and want to be able to leverage their existing front-end and back-end skills.